Deploying Advanced Technology to the Warfighter
The Client: The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) a Combat Support Agency, engineers and provides command and control capabilities and enterprise infrastructure to continuously operate and assure a global net-centric enterprise in direct support to joint warfighters, National level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of operations.
The Challenge: Large information systems projects require good program management in order to deliver high quality products, on time and within budget. These advisory services must be separate from the system development contractor in order to provide the government with independent technical and financial expertise. The GEMS contract was put in place to provide a full set of these services without any Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI).
The Solution: The principal challenge of this project was to maintain the proper balance between scope, cost, time, and quality. Uninterrupted, high quality and overall effective contract management was ensured by our project management approach that uses repeatable project management processes and software tools for project planning, tracking, and cost and schedule control.
The Result: The KeyLogic team provided a dedicated group of highly efficient, resourceful, quick-reaction capable support staff with practical and current experience supporting a variety of programs to assist DISA. We provided a wide range of program management services to the CIO and major programs of a large scale scientific / engineering organization. Support activities include:
- Performing enterprise wide program analysis and review
- Conduct management reviews to identify integration issues and problems in requirements definition, architecture, policy and engineering guideline compliance
- Planning, analyzing, and reporting on programmatic impacts on the costs, return on investment; and schedule dependencies and recommending functional and technical solutions
- Conducting BPR activities including examining organizational goals, objectives, structures, culture, systems and roles
- Conducting benchmarking and baselining support activities including program, functional, technical, and data benchmarking; developing new or modifying existing tools and methods; identifying baseline of support for functional area or activity
- Preparing documentation and developing control services to ensure all systems conform to approved DoD standards
- Supporting information dissemination activities
- Ensuring Clinger-Cohen Act compliance
- Establishing, monitoring, and reporting program metrics including Internal Management Controls
To learn more about Program Management Services from KeyLogic that can help your agency deploy advanced technology, please contact us today at 888.204.9649.